Friday, August 29, 2008

AIT

The talk at AIT went well. Sue came with and we got the mini bus from Mo Chit - takes about half an hour along the expressway. Seems quite a long way out. When we got there it was baking hot and no one about - very different from Kasert which is always boiling with activity. As an international university it had a very different atmosphere, lots of foreigners and very few Thais.

There were 14 people in the class - all post grads - some from Indonesia, quite a few from India, other from China and Korea. The common language is English, but some struggle. They are just about to start their own research and they seemed to enjoy the practical side, what I did, how I did it. But I got the feeling they would have liked more hard conclusions about gender, but it isn't that easy to come up with hard and fast conclusions in such a short period, as they will find.. Babette pushed a bit but I didn't give in.

They gave me a nice present - a bag and a book and were all very gracious. Came back on the ordinary bus which took so long I was starving by the time we got back.

No comments: